We understand that the decision to terminate a pregnancy is never an easy one.
As Singapore’s premier abortion clinic, our counsellors are fully trained to help you through the abortion process in a sensitive manner and you have our complete assurance that your confidentiality is respected and preserved. Our clinic is licensed for legal pregnancy termination and we pride ourselves in delivering a safe and effective approach, with the aim of achieving a swift resolution without compromising fertility.
The clinic is fully equipped to give you a comforting, relaxing environment of rest and respite, where you are assured absolute privacy. Our private surgicentre and day surgery centre are on-site at your convenience, so that we can ensure that all our patients are given ample time and space for rest before and after the process. Your comfort is our utmost priority.
Before anything proceeds, the entire process is explained thoroughly to you, where all your questions and concerns are also attended to.
Assurance & Process
Your total privacy and well-being is our utmost priority.
The use of our private surgicentre provides a secure and sterile environment for you without compromising your privacy or convenience.
- The Process
- After an overnight fast, patients are admitted via a private entrance in the morning
- Procedure is quick and painless under the expert hands of our surgeon and anaesthetist
- Discharged well by mid afternoon
- Most of the time, you will be well enough to work by the next day.
For more detailed information, view our informational pamphlet here.
The Centre’s Facilities
As the nation’s premier abortion clinic, our centre is fully equipped to address your needs quickly and safely.
We believe our clean track record is due to our considerable experience, stringent protocols and uncompromising attention to sterility. Many of our patients have gone on to have children when they were eventually ready and under more favourable circumstances.
- Our Facilities:
- MOH-certified counselling services to expedite legal requirements
- Private surgicentre and day surgery facilities for complete confidentiality and safety
- Fully equipped, MOH-certified operation theatre
- World-class equipment and highly experienced medical staff
- Anaesthesia monitoring under the watchful eye of a dedicated anaesthetist.
- Facilities under-one-roof with your convenience in mind
- Stringent standards of sterility and cleanliness
- Private entrances and comfortable, soothing recovery rooms
- Dedicated ultrasound before & after surgery
Do I need anyone’s
permission or consent?
You have the rights to make your own decision.
Abortion has been legal in Singapore since 1969. Parental consent is not required under the Singapore Abortion Act unless the pregnant woman is not of sound mind and body. However, the Act requires that the woman undergoes brief counselling by a qualified abortion counsellor at an accredited abortion clinic and watch a video on the subject. Our clinic is equipped to provide this on-site.
Girls under 16 years of age have to undergo mandatory counselling at the Health Promotion Board Counselling Centre. They will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance (COA) without which they will not legally be allowed to have an abortion. There is also a mandatory waiting period of 48 hours after the counselling before the procedure can be done. Foreigners have to fulfill certain requirements before they can undergo legal termination in Singapore. You may call us should you need any concerns or clarifications addressed.
I’ve had unprotected sex. Am I likely to get pregnant?
When accidents happen, be assured that there are options available as a backup, provided you seek consultation with us as soon as possible. Some emergency methods may still be able to drastically reduce the chance of pregnancy, provided they are done within the first few days.
Today, there are many contraceptives or birth control methods to choose from. Our clinic is readily available and happy to discuss the different options with you in order to determine which method is right for you.
- Our contraception services include:
- Oral contraceptives/birth control pills
- Depo-Provera injections
- Implanon® insertion and removal
- Intrauterine contraceptive device (IUCD)
- Mirena® levonogestrel intrauterine system
- Tubal ligation surgery
- Emergency birth control / Morning After pill: Postinor and Ella
If the above are unsuitable for any personal or religious reasons, do feel free to discuss other non-prescription options with us, which may include:
- Natural family planning
Questions / Concerns
Our doors and hotlines are always open for you.
We practice an open and non-judgmental approach at The OBGYN Centre. Should you have any questions or concerns at all, please contact us via our hotline or email address. We welcome them all.
The OBGYN Centre
#11-07 Paragon Medical Suites
290 Orchard Road
T +65 6235 4188 / +65 9100 3874
Monday to Friday — 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday — 9:00 am – 1:00 pm